- For the Mountain Cyclist. Discover the beauty of Johannesburg and surrounds. Bicycle and helmet supplied. Bring own shoes and cycle clothes.Join Delia and friends for a 16km afternoon ride every Tuesday and Thursday. Winter 16h30 summer 17h00
Weekends adventure rides further afield 30 – 60 kms single track and district dirt roads.
- Planet Fitness the leading health club in South Africa is a half a kilometre walk from Rutland House www.planetfitness.co.za
- Run, Walk for Life walking club meets at the corner opposite Rutland House gate www.runwalkforlife.co.za
- Bryanston Country Club (golf and tennis) is 10 kilometres away www.bryanstoncountryclub.co.za
- Parkview Golf Club is 5 kilometres away www.parkviewgolf.com
- Wanderers Golf Club is 5 kilometres away www.wanderersgolfclub.com as is the famous Wonderers Club, www.wanderersclub.co.za
- For a pleasant stroll around the Zoo www.jhbzoo.org.za or Zoo Lake is it 5 kilometres away.
- The Botanical Gardens (with the beautiful rose garden) and Emmerentia Dam for canoeing, rowing and sailing are 5 kilometres away www.sanbi.org
- Further away are the Crocodile Ramble www.theramble.co.za and the Vaal Meander www.vaalmeander.co.za where antiques, arts and crafts, curios, tea gardens and restaurants can be found.
- Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens at Roodepoort are famous for their nesting black
eagles and indigenous gardens www.sanbi.org/sisulu
- You can take walking tours around Parktown and Westcliffe and soak up the beautiful
views and early mining town history. www.parktownheritage.co.za